Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women In Action Films. Why Is Hollywood So Clueless?  (Read 7806 times)

M

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
Re: Women In Action Films. Why Is Hollywood So Clueless?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »
Don`t forget Cynthia rothrock

I love Cynthia Rothrock.........I've seen almost all of her movies and really hope she is in The female Expendables........its a shame she didnt get a shot in a big budget movie with a wide theatrical release.

That said I think both Gina's acting in her first movie as well as her fight scenes were superior to CR's at the beginning of their careers........Botth CR's and Arnold's acting was a little awkward and wooden in their early movies although it improved dramatically in their later movies.

I think Gina has a chance to break barriers in Hollywood just like she did in MMA.......I think We are ready for a bigtime female action star and Gina's fight scenes are so bruatlly realistic and her acting was good for a first movie and will only get better.....Gina is very unique and there's no one like her out there and I dont think she will have any trouble finding work.

Cher

• Blue Belt
  • Conviction Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 03:43:37 AM »
Cynthia actually starred in a few films with Michelle Yeoh (AKA Michelle Khan) and became a huge star in Asia. She has made over 30 films there. Her awesome trademark -- the scorpion kick is legendary. Sadly, this demonstrates what I've been saying. Hollywood has no clue how to handle women in action roles. They didn't even know what to do with Bruce Lee. Take a gander at "I Am Bruce Lee" where Gina pops in and talks about him and his influence. It makes you very frustrated.

Michelle got her big break with a role in Jackie Chan's Supercop 3. I LOVE that movie even though the voice overs are awful. It sounds like a really bad Japanaime cartoon. Chan thought Michelle upstaged him in the fight scenes so he threw in the big helicopter stunt at the end hoping to even it out. She still makes films in the east and Cynthia, who never starred in anything major from Hollywood, operates her own martial arts schools here in the U.S.

As far as comparing Gina and Cynthia as actresses -- In my opinion -- Heck yeah, Gina is a lot better and a lot more intimidating. There really is no one remotely like her in film.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:50:49 PM by Cher »

Mariscp46

• White Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 09:01:32 AM »
I really like such movies a lot. I want my daughter to know that even girls can be a super hero and save the world. My daughter is a big fan of wonder woman and so am I. We enjoy a few good shows by Andy Yeatman on Netflix and also watch movies like this together.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up