Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gina-Carano.org revamp?  (Read 3054 times)

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
Gina-Carano.org revamp?
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:34:38 PM »
Hey all
I am in the mood to revamp the site with a different look and layout. Looking for suggestions on colors and what you would like to see. Do you even want a revamp? Just trying to feel the waters...Let me know what you think.....

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
Re: Gina-Carano.org revamp?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 10:12:33 PM »
i got nothing specific in mind, but id like to see something a little darker. but he space for the news articles should still be white so it'll easy to read.

And the title jpg on top should be skinnier (like 25-33% less height) so that you can see more of the content.

Are you going to be using a Joomla template as a base?

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »
I was thinking of something darker too, Banner size will depend on what the banner itself looks like. You're not going to see much more content because you have the featured videos at the top. If they were gone or moved to another part of the site, then you'd see more content. We'll see though, I'm open to anything.....

Joomla yes because that is what the site is run on. I'm not a Joomla guru and installing a normal layout will be beyond my skills, lol....It would probably take me forever to figure how the Joomla coding....

I've seen some joomla templates that I wouldn't mind trying out and edit them as necessary...I gotta make sure that everything fits and looks right. This one is so highly modded it's not funny...

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Dynamite comes in small packages. ;)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 07:16:18 AM »
A revamp will be the ultimate! I agree going for a darker, and also more sleek look.  ;D

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »
Bastiaan
Yes the forum will get the same look :)

Thanks for the great comments, hope you all do enjoy it. I just need to make a header image and finish fixing the videos page....and then onto working on the forum

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Dynamite comes in small packages. ;)
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 04:54:26 AM »
I'm psyched to see the finished version! It's going to be awesome... As they say "a change is as good as a holiday"!

GREAT job Jen!

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 03:09:21 PM »
If you are using IE, you will notice that it looks a bit "off" I will need to fix the width so it will look like Firefox....I apologize for now...the site is still functional though...you just need to scroll if you use IE....

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
Yeah I use it too, lol. I always design for Firefox and then I remember about IE, lol...But IE should be fixed at least in IE7 that is, lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up