Re: Advice
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »
what exactly do you need advice on?

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 03:56:17 PM »
I have to admit that  Cris cyborg recognizes her fans online she actually takes the time acknowledge your presence whereever it may be  on the net.  I understand gina is very busy but come on now flipping thru music on youtube takes time too  which is more important  I know she appreciates her fans but I can see now who wanted that belt more and who worked hard for it  and why they did it     dont get me wrong I love gina  she's awesome  but  i appreciate recognition more  that's all ..... Had to get that off my chest  it was a little upsetting the difference in the two best fighters out there

Its quite possible that she feels that responding to select fans (as its always the case w/ time) wouldn't be fair to all. It also befits her lone, shy, in-person familiar- preferenced persona. & ppl round here know that I am no fan-apologist who thinks G can do no wrong.
Yeah Cris Cyborg is a femma legend but G would'nt have done a few things Cyborg and others who readily respond to online fans have done. ex. Cyborg made the comment "Her opponent lacked heart.", once said the reason for her missed weight of several lbs. was due to her "bikini's weight". Miesha Tate also "recognizes" as well but has a laundry list of ill-persona acts.
Also, I fail to see how online fan recognition correlates to the outcome of that fight.

As for the thread topic - anyone have any advice on how to politely tell someone that they don't know when to end a conversation? I'm literally walking away and this dude I work with is still freakin talking.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:00:33 PM by p0d135 »

Noel

• Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano is hot!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
@pod

just have a serious face and nod and then say "yeah see ya later" smile while you walk away :) i do that to my boss sometimes hahaha

i have a prob too but its really stupid coz love is stupid.... i'm in love and the girl i love treats me and value me as a BEST FRIEND!!! that is the most heartbreaking thing the woman i love ever called me best friend, any one share my point of view?, can someone give me advice on what i should do?? 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:12:40 PM by Noel »

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Dynamite comes in small packages. ;)
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
Noel, I think most everyone has been in a similar position.. I know I have. Love is never stupid, it is the purest and most powerful force in existence. It's us humans that destory love's reputation.

Unfortunately, we cannot make people fall in love with us. You have a few options. You could either tell her how you feel, or keep it to yourself. If you tell her how you feel, she might turn around and tell you she feels the same way, or she could tell you the opposite. There is a risk that she might even start pushing you away, and you could lose her completely. I would suggest you start by asking yourself a question: Do I want to live my life without her? Basically, would you rather have her in your life as a friend, or not at all? If you choose to not say anything to her, things will continue the way they are. You can walk away if you think you can't have her in your life if you can't have her the way you want her. It's your choice. Don't just follow your heart, get your mind involved too. Keep in mind that feelings change.. People grow. Love never stops existing, but the type of love can change.

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 03:51:49 AM »
@Noel: I'll def give it a shot. :) Also, Maybe some continual, direct eye contact instead of the opposite (which has had no effect) will work too.

stuck in the friend zone, huh. Well, that's some gr8 advice from Phoenix there. I guess I'm glad  that right now I don't want/need any "more". Test this out w/ a mutual friend who can keep secret cuz thats who can help later and also you'll be chilling out w/ for awhile if it doesn't turn out good.

here's a funny vid btw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vUuWBXtqxg

Noel

• Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano is hot!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 08:05:38 AM »
 Phoenix :) miss this us talking in the forums hahaha btw thanks for the advice i have been in the friend zone many times and ia end up keeping it in coz i'm afraid i'll lose her forever i lost one that way :( 

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
Anytime, my friend.  ;) One day you'll find that someone who feels the same way you do. As crazy as this sounds, the trick is to stop looking for love. It will find you. Sometimes when we look too hard for something, and force things, we tend to move in the opposite direction of that which we actually want.

zdscudder

• Orange Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 04:36:52 AM »
It's really late, but I can't get this off my mind. I always strive to be great and successful. It's like I set myself up to fail sometimes. In my senior year of high school I almost went to state for long jump. I should be proud of that...but I can never look past the fact that I didn't make it there. I continually beat myself up about it. It was my biggest dream before I graduated. I wanted to finally be recognized. At my school the only way to be popular was to have a name. I wanted to make a name for myself...

Ever since then, my confidence, it shattered. One day I was just sitting on the computer and the idea of acting just came into my head. At first I thought to myself "that's a stupid idea"...but all of sudden I felt this warm feeling in my heart. It was like acting was something I needed to do. To this day I'm still confused about what that feeling mean't. And now, a few weeks ago, I find out about this woman who changes the face of MMA, Gina Carano. Not only is she a great fighter, she has the most amazing personality I've ever seen. I start searching for info on her, and in every interview and every fight it's the same person. She gives all this credit to martial arts. I got that same warm feeling again.

Bruce Lee has always been a hero to me, and once I found out Gina was in a documentary called "I Am Bruce Lee" I just had to watch it. The documentary made me realize that MMA was another thing I needed to do with my life. Martial arts seems to have such a powerful and spiritual connection. I need help finding myself, and acting and MMA seems like the way to go. Any advice?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:15:43 PM by zdscudder »
"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it." Bruce Lee

jr

• Blue Belt
  • jr
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »
Dive in! Find a particular martial arts style you find interesting and find the nearest gym. You may want to stay away from MMA gyms at first, as I've heard there are a lot of "tough" guys in there who are in it for the wrong idea.

Use google to find the right gym for you with the particular style you choose.

For example, I've been wanting to get into BJJ and I was able to find a 7 time world champion about an hour away who has his own gym. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find time (or money) to go yet...but it is on my mind all the time!  8)

zdscudder

• Orange Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I need some money before I can do anything like that. But thanks a lot for the advice!!
"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it." Bruce Lee

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »
It's your life, and the great thing about that is that you get to decide what you want to do with it. Always go with what makes you feel good on the inside. If you feel martial arts and acting is the way to go, go for it. I started out by doing MMA and I found that I preferred the stand up game, so left the MMA gym to pursue Muay Thai and I haven't looked back since. So I agree with JR.. Find a style you want to do and do it with all your heart, give it your all. Otherwise you could do what I did, by starting MMA and from there deciding whether you prefer a particular martial art and want to become the best you can be in one first, or if you want to continue MMA. Most of all, HAVE FUN. :)

zdscudder

• Orange Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
Thanks Phoenix! I really appreciate both you and jr for talking to me. Made me feel better and helped me out a lot!

Jamyang

• White Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
Re: Magic and you "G"
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
Martial Arts on the highest levels has used Zapping, Sapping, mind spells, etc, to throw off an opponent in a match for real fight for advantage.
So is  Magic.
At times when people are jealous, hurt, or pissed~ Retaliation can be made thru Black Magic.  Example, Brazil is infamous!  Some head to the Bottica  Bruho shop- say, and pay for a spell to be put on someone. 13 months ago, such was done on you "G". From a male, mid forties, a hollyweird person...

The effect was a low level energetic drag, lower vibes, emotionally or mentally off~ even a tad! But as an anchor its working all the time...

So all kinds of spells can be conjured~ to create or retaliate - to whatevva!

Appears it is gone now "G"...

As many with fame and fortune do- have energetic cleanups, a good idea always!!!

Also there were energy cords etc., from 3 people in "G".....
These are not magic usually but from unstable people.

These are gone also.

AS "G" ~ you are a inspiration for many, lets keep it that way, and expand your image!

Now may be the time to step out for active charity work~

and spend some of the bucks and start a MMA foundation or sumthin to help those without the Karmic correct life G has had, this be a nice thing. I searched and found: " Gina Carano’s Xtreme Couture Teammate – Tyson Griffin’s Charity Raffle."

Lets create more events as this..
Live Long & Prosper
Blessings Be Gina,
Jamyang

~~~

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:58:51 PM by Jamyang »

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 06:58:23 AM »
Thanks Phoenix! I really appreciate both you and jr for talking to me. Made me feel better and helped me out a lot!

You're welcome. Let us know what you decide. :)

zdscudder

• Orange Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »
I found a tae kwon do academy pretty close by. I sent an email to the master there. I hope I hear from them soon!   ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up