Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEDOR !!!  (Read 3336 times)

Tyler D.

• Blue Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
FEDOR !!!
« on: January 01, 2010, 05:13:52 PM »
Did you see his last fight against Brett Rogers ?
Do you think the last emperor is the best fighter in MMA world ?

Tyler D. , a Fedor fan
In Gina, I trust !

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
Re: FEDOR !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 07:14:28 AM »
saw it live; ppl soo shocked it went to the 2nd and that he took 2-3 gnp shots ppl actually think he lost the first round! another example of the unique standard hes held to.

no question best fighter, while the p4p argument is arguable, theres no question hes the best all time.

powerbomb91

• Tap or snap
  • Black Belt
  • Gina's drummer....
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 08:07:47 AM »
yeah not question fedor is the pound for pound fighter ...his skill is amazing and look at his recored 30-1 ...only loss cuz a cut ....hes never been beaten
tap or snap..............I rather hate your for everything you are!...then ever love you for something you are not. i rather you hate me for everything i am .then ever love me for something i am not!.........NEVER GIVE UP AND YOU;LL NEVER FAIL............long signature .

Shaz

• Blue Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 08:22:22 AM »
And he's russian  ;D
I have crush on Crush...

powerbomb91

• Tap or snap
  • Black Belt
  • Gina's drummer....
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:24:18 AM »
yup that too
tap or snap..............I rather hate your for everything you are!...then ever love you for something you are not. i rather you hate me for everything i am .then ever love me for something i am not!.........NEVER GIVE UP AND YOU;LL NEVER FAIL............long signature .

MMACage

• Yellow Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:46:14 AM »
this man has a very strong mind and manages to win against much heavier opponents because of his mental focus capacity. I think he will kick some *** in UFC and prove his strength. 

Naruto

• Black Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 12:13:47 AM »
Fedor is a powerful fighter, no questions ask.

krav dood

• krav maga student
  • Black Belt
  • Gina Carano & MMA Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »
He is a great fighter but I question his management team for how they handle who he fights and when.  Not sure what is going on with that but it just seems a little suspicious.  He'd be better tested in UFC definitely but Dana White was right in not wanting to taint the UFC brand with M-1 attached to it.  I think many would want to see him vs Brock or Mir but that isnt going to happen anytime soon.  When it does......WOW.  In the interim, if Strikeforce can get Fedor v Overeem for the SF heavyweight belt, that should be a great test for both of them.  I watched Overeem annihilate dudes in Japan last year so I know he is a good match for Fedor.

krav dood

• krav maga student
  • Black Belt
  • Gina Carano & MMA Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 04:46:11 AM »
I just watched Fedor lose to Werdum here in San Jose tonight.  I am stunned.

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 11:35:10 PM »
It's sad what happened to Fedor. He was winning most of the fight with Dan Henderson but got caught by lucky behind the back shot.  I think he was still a big enough of a draw that they shouldn't have cut him.

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »
Yeah, referee Herb Dean technically had the right to stop this last fight, & I won't harp on it not being "championship caliber/main event" ref'ing cadence  as I believe the ref was thinking of the conviction of his decisions, not on the fight as it is. As soon as he interjected, Fedor swiftly recovered (turned to defense) but Dean had already made HIS decision. Good thing the ref in Kongo/Barry didnt do the same. I'm thankful that his cadence isn't the norm. If so we wouldn't have fights like: that one. Daley vs Diaz, Scott Smith vs Benji Radach, Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz, Gatti vs Ward(1) etc..

I saw the last of Fedor's win streak (vs Rogers) in person. IMO, he's the greatest fighter of all time and inarguably one of the greatest. Noone else w/ a record like that has fought for a finish and against his opponent's strength the way he did. UFC has only seen a past-their-primes Nogueira and Crocop; Fedor dominated them both at their strengths, while in their primes (Nog - guard, Crocop - ring striking)

Its said that "The moment a fighter entertains the thought of eventual retirement, they're already retired." Fedor spoke of it at/after the Arlovski fight. I'd only like to see him continue if HE wants it, not his shady M-1 mgmt. He's downgressed in EVERY aspect - strength, strategy, reaction, speed, etc, but he's given soo much I wouldn't begrudge him a chance to have his hand raised once again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up