Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gina is a natural born actress  (Read 1763 times)

bollivar

• White Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
Gina is a natural born actress
« on: February 21, 2015, 10:08:30 PM »
When I first saw her in Haywire, she stood out to be so real.  It was very refreshing from all the other actresses doing action/fight films.  She is very natural in every aspect.  I know she will do well and an looking forward for her next movie.  Her fight scenes are as real as it get.  No flashy twirling moves that are ineffective in the real world of fighting/marital arts.

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
Re: Gina is a natural born actress
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
yeah with the action she really is undeniable, so long as you're not ignorant about that SIMPLE aspect cinematography. Its unfortunate that so many ppl dont understand just how important it is when you can actually see the person doing whats being shown on-screen. They actually think that a moving body / flying limb (whose face is obscured) is the same person, especially if the next *cut to* shot is them posing in the end of the sequence. The comic book cinema is about to finally get some of that when she gets to deadpool. No Black Widow/ AgentsOfShield/Agent Carter fast cut fiestas there. 

On the flashy spinning moves that are non-fight realistic, its ok by me so long as, once again, they're actually doing it. In the case of Haywire it would've been outta place, I agree, but forgivable to say the least. The same goes for small females taking out agents and warriors & whatnot, so long as they're doing  the feats of physicality. 

& she's got natural & tremendous screen presence too. Alot of the Haywire reviews spoke on that too. Her facial expressions, emoting in that regard is so natural. Not talking about fighting, she's coming from a place so far off from the craft of acting. I think that's why its so important that she undergoes specific choreography training for each project with a dedicated 2nd unit/stunt crew. So far, I believe that has only happened with Haywire & Fast6 though, fingers crossed for these future projects.

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »
She has come a long way.  It's not easy to make a successful transition from athlete to actress.

Porco

• White Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 04:52:19 AM »
True, there's not many MMA fights that can crossover like that. Take Rondas terrible acting for example.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:04:09 PM by Porco »
Pages: [1]   Go Up