Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Website Promotion  (Read 6631 times)

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Dynamite comes in small packages. ;)
Website Promotion
« on: March 12, 2009, 07:12:17 AM »
I've decided to make a thread of this, so we have a good place to throw ideas around.

As mentioned before, this is basically the only reliable Gina Carano website, so it would be a good idea to promote it. There's so many fans out there (if you look at Gina's MySpace profile, she has, at this moment, over 68 000 friends), and only a small percentage knows about this site.

I think we need a banner that we can use for this purpose. That way we can upload it to say for example Facebook, where a lot of fans are members of the fan pages.

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
Re: Website Promotion
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
I think thats a pretty good idea. I've been to other fansites and thats one of the things they do to promote their sites.

Usually they set this up with affliate sites that have similar interests and get them to do a link exchange, for instance on another fanpage for a different fighter. And another way, which you talked about, is through blogs and other personal sites.

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »
If someone wants to create a banner for exchanging, feel free. I'm so busy right now with work that I'm tied up. It's hard for me to find time right now to get on here,lol....

We need various sizes .....

88x31 button
Different banner sizes Heres a good site
http://www.simplygraphix.com/banners_sizes.html

I DO need to hunt down some link exchanges and get them going......I just don't want to flood the site with a TON of links, ya know?

Dante2230

• The True Gina Carano Fan
  • Black Belt
  • Fantastic 4 - Honor Guard
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:07:45 PM »
yes there are many gina carano fans out there but a lot of them do not know about this website. It would be a good idea to promote this site on other websites. I go on myspace facebook and youtube alot so i'll see what i can do there. I wonder if gina even knows about this website

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 06:01:30 AM »
Okay, will see if I can make some. :) Thanks for the link Jen, it's actually a good source of info.

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:11:04 AM »
I've listed it on Facebook, but haven't made any banners yet. It's your site Jen, so I think it's better if you decide on color schemes, how you want or don't want it to look, etc...

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:18:29 PM »
Color Scheme doesn't matter as long as it looks cool..lol. I'm gonna work on some tonight when I get home...

Dante2230

• Black Belt
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 12:11:40 AM »
i'm not gonna exactly make banners but i'm gonna let ppl know like on facebook there is this gina carano fans group and i am going to post something about this site on there

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:44:47 AM »
Thanks Jen, will get started on that asap.

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »
Hey guys,

Just thought id thought you guys would like to know this site's rankings when you type in "gina carano" in a few popular search engines:

google #5
msn #3
yahoo #9

If you are logged into your Gmail acct while doing a search for her on Google, you'll see theres an icon they recently have for all the searches for comments as well as a icon to 'promote' the site.

The Promote button only affects your personal search preference and not what other people will see. But when you cilck on the comment button, you can make a public comment that other google users can see (if they are logged in).

It's part of Googles new 'searchwiki' feature (for logged in google/gmail users). When you make a search, you can go to the link near the bottom that reads "See all notes for this SearchWiki " and you can see other people's comments on the subject that you just searched for. RIght now for the "gina carano" search, the only thing you will see is Gina-carano.org and my comments, and you can add to this. Drawback is it only applies to logged in users and doesn't affect the search at all for other people. As this feature gets more popular and more people sign up for gmail accts, this will drive more people to our site (hopefully).

Recently, i submitted this site into the dmoz.org, a large open directory that should help a little on the traffic and on the google rankings. If they approve my submission, it should end up in this category:

http://www.dmoz.org/Sports/Martial_Arts/Submission_Fighting_and_MMA/Professional_Fighters/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:15:25 PM by mkygod »

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »
Heres a standard size banner I made

This is the fullsize pic that i worked on. I'm gonna try to see how i can rearrange everything to cut into all the other standard sizes. I tried to go with a demoness type of look with the flames and stuff. Lemme know that you think
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:40:38 PM by mkygod »

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
I have one word: WOW!!  :o AMAZING job! Seriously dude, you need to design us some more wallpapers!

Edit: Imagine the website gets a redesign with this look? Just thinking out loud, LOL. Love the current layout and graphics, don't get me wrong. But maybe one day when a makeover is being discussed?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:52:56 PM by Phoenix »

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 06:27:33 PM »
Hey guys,

We used to be #5 on Google search for "Gina Carano" and now we're #3!

We're behind Wikipedia and Proelite's page, but ahead of Sherdog fightfinder and Maxim's. Not bad for a fansite i think.

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 06:58:01 AM »
That's fantastic!  ;D Aiming for above Proelite, they don't belong at the top anymore unfortunately.

Dante2230

• Black Belt
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »
haha yeah we'll get there. I can't wait to see how this site is going to grow after her next fight.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up