Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strikeforce tonight  (Read 2693 times)

ztwom

• Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
Strikeforce tonight
« on: November 08, 2009, 06:39:05 AM »
Tonight's Strikeforce card was very good.  Everybody I wanted to win did.  I loved the Fedor fight, the amount of power he has is incredible.

NutMan

• Purple Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
Re: Strikeforce tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »
I was kind of upset with the Fedor fight. It was a great fight from start to finish, but I honestly felt that the ref called it to early. Fedor didn't get a solid punch on the ground and he called it. That said, he is obviously a great and respected referee for the sport so what do I know.

Brett Rogers did great and losing to Fedor is not a bad first loss. He made it past the first round which has not been done against Fedor since 2006. He also got him real good on the nose; I think he broke it. Honestly this was Fedor's toughest fight since Mirko Cro Cop 2005.

Can't wait to see what Rogers does next. I'd love to see Fedor Vs Rogers 2 next year.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:19:26 PM by NutMan »

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 04:22:10 PM »
was there, a gr8 night!

Marloes Coenen avenged a b.s decision loss from back in the day. Hurt the girl standing, but was taken down slickly on the hurt dropdown, then outslicked that w/ an armbar! Imo, she'll do what our sweet G couldn't and catch a tired Cyborg late(r) 4SURE if she can get it there, w/ a sub of course.

Prefight, I thought the size diff would have BigFoot winning the dec. - nope and also thought Mayhem's conditioning would win him rounds 4 & 5 - nope. PPLs were going nuts for the Mayhem's choke attempt & entrance, and consequently Shields got some big time hatin from the Mayhem Monkeys - old and new. It wasn't caught on camera, but when Shields had top postion in the 1st he gestured w/ a smile and peace sign to the crowd just like Mayhem once did.

I give minimal credit compared to most for Bret Rogers. Props for his 280lb self for defending subs, getting back up and holding Fedor against the fence.  He ONLY landed 3 clean punches the whole fight and none of them stopped Fedor from doing what he wanted even right after/at the time. He finished his combo and chased after getting jabbed to the nose and later kept going for the armbar despite getting cracked right in the face 2x clean and hard. I guess its yet another case of Fedor not living up the crazy, unparalleled standard ppl set for him. Wazzup with the same people booing Bret Rogers (and his wife, the dirty bastids) then chanting "USA!USA!" later?!

Some production issues - the ring card girls didn't know when to leave cageside and it looked like noone was assigned to tell them when to and I think they had enough time to not scrap the Mark Miller fight.

I was kind of upset with the Fedor fight. It was a great fight from start to finish, but I honestly felt that the ref called it to early. Fedor didn't get a solid punch on the ground and he called it. That said, he is obviously a great and respected referee for the sport so what do I know.

Brett Rogers did great and losing to Fedor is not a bad first loss. He made it past the first round which has not been done against Fedor since 2006. He also got him real good on the nose; I think he broke it. Honestly this was Fedor's toughest fight since Mirko Cro Cop 2005.

Can't wait to see what Rogers does next. I'd love to see Fedor Vs Rogers 2 next year.

The 2nd right hand on Rogers was clean and his eyes were gone b4 that . His legs coming up wasn't a open guard atttempt either.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:45:21 PM by PoD135 »

ztwom

• Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
Yeah, Rogers was def done imo.  If anything, Big John just saved him from being completely knocked out cold, cause Fedor has the most brutal GnP in mma.  To me Rogers did ok in the fight, but like you said, he did only really land 3 shots, I think because of the blood, people think that Rogers did a lot better than he really did.  A fighter I was really impressed with was Werdum, I thought that Silva was gonna finish him in the first round, he landed a lot of big shots, but he hung in there and fought great the last 2 rounds.

NutMan

• Purple Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »
I gotta give Rogers props for not only pounding on Fedor really well, but he also escaped multiple submission attempts by Fedor. That was really impressive and I was SURE Fedor was going to submit him more than once but Brett got out.

Also, interesting article on Yahoo sports. Pictures don't always tell the story. Who do you think the non-fan would pick as the winner here?

powerbomb91

• Tap or snap
  • Black Belt
  • Gina's drummer....
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 05:41:48 AM »
haaa............................that is super freaking cool...............
tap or snap..............I rather hate your for everything you are!...then ever love you for something you are not. i rather you hate me for everything i am .then ever love me for something i am not!.........NEVER GIVE UP AND YOU;LL NEVER FAIL............long signature .
Pages: [1]   Go Up