Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mma...just the fights & analysis please  (Read 2108 times)

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
mma...just the fights & analysis please
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:42:13 AM »
Not too long ago, I decided that really the only thing involving mma that I'm gonna checkout are the fights, and the rare technical recaps I get hit up with. I'll follow the very few fighters that I really like directly, and probably not miss a beat (esp with some help of cool fans like we have here) Its' clear that the "mma community" (fans, outspoken fighters, promoters, media) and its rumblings are overwhelmingly comprised of: b.s, shilling, rumors, aggrandizement, shameless self-promotion, downright deplorable behavior, etc. Few & far between is equitable and insightful. Needless to say, its gotten to the point where I don't even want to read the latest "headlines" of who said what.

if you don't know about them already, check out some of these sources for some detailed perception, not just some person and his/her most likely non-equitable opinion. Some of that "other" stuff I noted is included; nobody's perfect. & unfortunately, it's too ingrained to the system to dismiss. Watching fights alone would be the only way to eliminate the drama, but at least you're guaranteed some quality.
vice.com - Jack Slack
badlefthook.com - Connor Ruebusch
youtube users -  10Players, sidneycello , Richard Dwyer

If you've got some of your favorites or single fight reviews, pls post them.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:58:35 PM by p0d »

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
Re: mma...just the fights & analysis please
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 12:38:28 PM »
I rather enjoy some of the irreverent bs, rumors, and quarrels between fighters. Its like gossip for men, and im actually ok w/ that.  I liken it to WWE drama, but w/o the scripts.

I visit couchpotato.com from time to time for that very reason. For me, it cant be all about the fights all the time. In between fights, i listen to podcasts like the ones on the sherdog radio network, MMA hour, and even Josh Barnett's podcast.

While i would like to chat about MMA in more depth, i do have a feeling that vast majority of fans on this site/forum are primarily just Gina fans, and a very small percentage of them are fans of MMA (im going to say less than 10%).

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
Re: mma...just the fights & analysis please
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
For me the ratio of b.s to anything insightful or entertaining in that entire scene is just too great. I don't need to be sold on who's being/still is a d*ck, I'll watch their true exploits (fights) anyway, and if wanted, theres always a recap of the drama in the event video hl package before the fight starts. & thats from the fighters, needless to say the fan/promotion/media ravings, I care for even less. Maybe if I was big fan of more than a handful of fighters, I’d have to acquiesce some

Considering its about the parameter of Gina fans on this site & its situation, I still doubt its 10% or less. Look at the poll on the frontpage; it's about 3:1 - strategic mma return. & you simply couldn't make that claim back when she was active; look at the post history. & there's a number of people here who could've added to the fan stories of becoming fighters or training because of G, but declined to do a story.

Here's some relatively recent stuff I've enjoyed:

- Canelo Alvarez -vs- Erislandy Lara review

- pre-Weidman -vs- Machida analysis

- Fight of the year: matthysse -vs- Molina review
Pages: [1]   Go Up