Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haywire 2 Return of Mallory  (Read 2041 times)

hughwill255

• Yellow Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
Haywire 2 Return of Mallory
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:25 AM »
As an action movie fan I loved Chuck Norris,Stephen Seagal, Bruce Lee,Bruce Willis and Sly but, after 6 Rockies,5 Die Hard, 4 Rambo and 30+ movies by Chuck the honeymoon was definitely over.I had some hope when Dave Bautista left WWE to make movies but, I was disappointed. He doesn't have the X factor. I'm happy to see him in a movie but he doesn't draw me to it. Some of these guys were serious martial artist but none actual fighters. Then came Gina. She drew me back to watch MMA. She was so killer in the cage and so beautiful outside it. When she left MMA to make movies I hoped not to have another disappointment. Then I saw Haywire and she was so good she knocked me on my ass. I've watched 6 times. She did great in FF6 but her part wasn't big enough for me. I wanted more. Not sure how many times I watched In the Blood. She gave new meaning to the Lady in Red in the bar fight. She was awesome. I want Mallory back. She did go to work for the government at end of Haywire. Maybe someone can write a script where she kicks Jason Bourne's ass. I will go to see Bus 657 and Kickboxer because Gina's in them but, I won't be completely happy until she is THE star. Bring back Mallory Pleaseeeeeeee?

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
Re: Haywire 2 Return of Mallory
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:28:51 PM »
thnx for sharing that. One of my fanfiction hopes for Haywire was that if there was an agent to beat her/bring in, it would be (a Bourne prequel'ed) Agent Webb, uncovered by mask mid-fight.

If her new sci-fi filck TheOpiumWar goes on ahead and it's looking so, then it seems like we'll be getting a bit of Mallory back also w/ a bit of Ava from InTheBlood.

hughwill255

• Yellow Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:23:40 PM »
I would love  to see Gina in a movie with Jason Statham. As long as her character was equal to his. Because of his martial arts training he makes fight scenes look good. I could see her in a Bond movie but not as one of Bonds Bimbos; maybe a serious villain. I'm so tired of seeing people like Angelina Jolie with their stick figure bodies play female action Heroes like Salt & Tomb Raider. Just can't see her enough. Just need a male action star who can match her.

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 10:01:58 PM »
yeah, he'd be good. when you can get two ppl who BOTH don't have to be stunt doubled, it's not just on another level, but really something else. Even the ones done by non-martial artists or even athletic ppl are better than those cut-fests because it doesnt put you out of the scene (as you can tell its them) and the camera's not cutting and whipping all over just to hide the double. (ex. Batman/Bane, the bathroom fight scene in AtTheWorld'sEnd). Even though I like Angelina (& give her some favor), Salt was funny b/c it was originally scripted for a man and it looked like someone forgot to tell the 2nd unit that when she was the replacement (ex. doing shoulder blocks to decent size dudes) But as far as her in Tomb Raider and such, as long as its not too incredulous (like her beating on men much bigger than her & doing it non ninja-stealth assassin style) then its fine by me, cuz she has a heroine's charisma and screen presence...two things many critics said about G in Haywire too, btw.

squared-off fight scene wise, even G needs an scripted edge on people ppl bigger than say..a Ewan McGregor's size. When I talked to Haywire's fight producer, he stressed a realism that required her needing some kind of help against someone of Channing Tatum's size/character ability. So, it would put me out a bit if she was goin head to head with Statham and there was nothing addressing the size/power diff.

overall, yeah her characters should preferably match others with story & wit, then G adds what makes her better than the rest.  ;D 8) :-*

JosephC

• White Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:32:32 AM »
I would love to know more about weight loss shakes and see Gina in a movie with Jason Statham. As long as her character was equal to his. Because of his martial arts training he makes fight scenes look good. I could see her in a Bond movie but not as one of Bonds Bimbos; maybe a serious villain. I'm so tired of seeing people like Angelina Jolie with their stick figure bodies play female action Heroes like Salt & Tomb Raider. Just can't see her enough. Just need a male action star who can match her.

Gina does her own stunt work? I didn't know that. More power to her!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 04:40:59 PM by JosephC »
Pages: [1]   Go Up