Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acting career  (Read 3997 times)

GinaCaranoFan

• Gina Carano's super fan!
  • Blue Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
Acting career
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »
If Gina decides to do acting full time what kind of career do you think she'll have.  Will Gina only hook up with A-lister directors, action movies, or even make straight to DVD type movie? 

Lara

• Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
Re: Acting career
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:29:44 AM »
I guess that depends on whether she sucks at acting or not? ;D I think if she's good she has more options, it'll be more likely that she's able to work with A-listers, and by that I mean, good directors, actors. Or she can always go the route of Fast and the Furious I, II, III, IV, V... and those kind of films that I don't care about.

GinaCaranoFan

• Blue Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
I guess other directors are waiting to see how well Gina or Haywire does before casting her in another movie.

Lara

• Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:52:04 AM »
Forum is complaining saying I never post and now I'm posting too much  ;D Forgot what I was going to say... After this movie is out she can't just sit back and rely on directors calling her up, if she wants a real career she'll have to audition for roles right? Get some of those acting lessons Soderbergh didn't want her to get...

GinaCaranoFan

• Blue Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:06:45 AM »
I agree with that.  It all depends on what else can Gina do.  Like playing a school teacher, or like romance comedy.  Female action movies don't come by that much if that's all she can do.  A lot of actors start on another movie sometimes before the movie before comes out.  I know Gina had a fight lined up sometime after she was done with Haywire.  Randy and Rampage showed they can make movies and fight at the same time, I am sure Gina can do the same too.   

Lara

• Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 02:20:02 AM »
She did that before didn't she? With American gladiators, but I guess that took less time away from her. But is it a good thing to be away 3 months doing a movie? Then preparing for a fight, she won't be fighting much in the year, I don't think it makes for a better fighter. I don't know. Just wait and see I guess. Anyway, right now I just hope Haywire does really well, it took her away from fighting for 2 years, it better be good.

M

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

Posted this review on Amazon after seeing Haywire last January:

I loved Haywire, it was a refreshing old school action movie with a simple primal and clean plot (revenge) that relied on awesome fighting scenes and great action rather than the much over used special effects that we see way too much nowadays.

I was REALLY impressed with Gina Carano in this movie not only was this her first real movie, and not only was she in there with a top notch all-star who's who of Hollywood cast where poor acting would have REALLY stood out but she was the star of the movie, who the movie was focused on, and she did an amazing job of carrying this movie. Gina's fight scenes were just awesome!!!!!, her portrayal of a gorgeous badass black opps contractor for hire was totally believable..............I also found myself both liking and rooting for Mallory Kane (Gina's character) and the fighting scenes were so brutally real i found myself cringing and wincing at some of the impacts................Like I said it was hard to believe this was Carano's first real movie, if she doesnt become a "bigtime" action star like the Rock I will be very surprised and very disappointed!!!!

I'm REALLY hoping for a sequel to Haywire it kinda reminded me of the Bourne series movies..........All I can say to anyone who didnt like Haywire, I think either you dont really care for action movies or you saw the big time all star cast and figured there would be a much more complex plot with more dramatic character development and acting rather than the simple very clean plot that I feel worked very well, with the main focus on the amazing fight and action scenes..........on a similar note to anyone who didnt like Gina Carano as Mallory Kane, you have to ask yourself was she believable as a gorgeous badass black opps contractor for hire, did you find yourself liking and/or rooting for Mallory Kane, did you find yourself cringing or wincing during any of the brutally realistic fighting scenes.........if you answered yes to any of these then Gina did a great job............Good actors or actresses inspire strong feelings, they pull you into the movie and make you feel what they are feeling, like or hate or root for them........Poor actors are either miscast and/or not believable in their roles or say or do something annoying or distracting that takes our focus away from the story and character they are trying to portray. The acting and casting in Haywire was top notch.

Right now the Rock is the ONLY real "bigtime" action star we have Stalone, Arnold, VanDam, Seagal, etc......have pretty much passed the baton and are pretty much retired action movie stars, and we've NEVER really had a woman action star............I think just like The Rock, Gina Carano has the charm, charisma, beauty and skills to become a bigtime action star.........I think thats what Soderberg saw in her as well, and I think thats why she was so popular in MMA...........she has that "something special" that will allow her to fill a key niche and make lots of amazing badass movies, she's a total package with amazing fighting skills that translate to the big screen very well, great charisma and charm, and a rare combination of beauty, while still being totally believable as a badass..............I cant think of another action star who was as good in their first movie........she was MUCH better than Arnold, VanDam, Seagall, Rampage Jackson...........and worlds better than Triple H, John Cena etc.........under MUCH more difficult circumstances ( being the STAR of her first movie with an all star who's who of Hollywood cast to measure up to)

Like the Rock I also think Carano could be versatile enough to play other roles than action and be good. she has a lot of charm and charisma and a genuine down to earth sweetness and I think she would be could in romantic comedy type movies and of course super hero movies and dramas...........Not sure if she could be mean enough to play a villain or not though........but I do think she would make an AMAZING Wonder Woman........since Lynda Carter played that role I NEVER thought another actress could match up to her but I take that back today Carano has the beauty, charm, sweetness and amazing smile to play the role plus she brings the badass amazonian comic book presence to the role as well that I cant see ANYONE but her bringing.

In closing I'm hoping to see more Haywire sequels!!!!...........and ALOT more Gina Carano!!!!!

sorbina

• Blue Belt
  • Pondering Ninja
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 07:24:42 AM »
The sad thing about mass media entertainment specially about anything visual is that in most cases, men have to prove they are strong physically and mentally served with a good sense of humor and women are sensitive, beautiful and sexy. Well reality doesn’t have black and whites zones its far more complicated but in order to a female have promising career in Hollywood its necessary to focus on the sexy part. In other words its needed a love scene, or some partial nudity to make that happen or anything that can promote a woman as a sexy one. So the question is : Gina is willing to "expose" herself like that, even if that is about a fictional character? Its not very honoring thing for us ladies media focusing on the sex part but that’s the deal right now in Hollywood and perhaps its always goanna be like that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:26:34 AM by sorbina »
If we all  placed  ourselfs in others' shoe, the world would be a better place
Pls forgive my shi*y English

chal4oye

• White Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:44:57 AM »
I think just like The Rock, Gina Carano has the charm, charisma, beauty and skills to become a bigtime action star.........I think thats what Soderberg saw in her as well, and I think thats why she was so popular in MMA...........she has that "something special" that will allow her to fill a key niche and make lots of amazing badass movies, she's a total package with amazing fighting skills that translate to the big screen very well, great charisma and charm, and a rare combination of beauty, while still being totally believable as a badass..............I cant think of another action star who was as good in their first movie........she was MUCH better than Arnold, VanDam, Seagall, Rampage Jackson...........and worlds better than Triple H, John Cena etc.........under MUCH more difficult circumstances ( being the STAR of her first movie with an all star who's who of Hollywood cast to measure up to)
pass 4 sure pass 4 sure       
motorcycle jackets motorcycle jackets       
cissp practice exam cissp practice exam
Pages: [1]   Go Up