Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gina's IMDb Page  (Read 3326 times)

Cher

• Blue Belt
  • Conviction Fan
Gina's IMDb Page
« on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:20 PM »
Hey Guys,

After seeing Gina's debut in the movie "Haywire" I checked out her IMDb page probably like everyone else in the world. Well, it was pretty pathetic with only her birth date and some weird trivia like who her movie star crush was,  her favorite movies, and a few of her fight stats. I figure when "Fast 6" is released, that page will get a lot more traffic so, as an author and Gina fan I took it on myself to put up a two quickie biography's until I wrote up a more complete one. What you will see are 3 biographies -- the last one being the finished project. I did two weeks of research, going through every interview I could find, written and video, trying dig up any new information since a lot of people seem to copy everything off of Wikipedia and add nothing new. I got a lot of info from this website and I think I found some pretty interesting quotes and trivia to add. So you guys check it out and let me know if there is anything you would like to add.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2442289/bio

I have been trying to get the people at IMDb to delete the previous 2 bios since the info is now redundant but they seem to take forever when it comes to editing things there. I did have a whole section on Gina's personal life which was a bear to dig up since she is pretty private, but they deleted the whole thing. I'm assuming they only want to hear about her professional career.
For the real life quotes you need to have a link to the video that actually has Gina saying the words herself. They are picky about that. And for the actual biography you aren't allowed to include any quotes for some reason -- it has to be a total original work with nothing 'borrowed' from other sources. I would love to add some actual MMA photos of Gina in her photo section. Seems like all they have are the posed photos from magazine shoots. If anybody wants to sign up at IMDb and figure that out, go for it. I apparently am not computer savvy enough to do that myself.

sorbina

• Blue Belt
  • Pondering Ninja
Re: Gina's IMDb Page
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
nice job :) its nice that u filled the blanks @ imdb. A supporting fan in action :)
If we all  placed  ourselfs in others' shoe, the world would be a better place
Pls forgive my shi*y English

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:16:30 AM »
def appreciate your work, Cher.

If there's anything pertinent you'd like to see added to this site's bio contact Jen.

Cher

• Blue Belt
  • Conviction Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »
Hey, I've been working on a new book so I've been in hibernation for a while. Coincidentally it is a work inspired by Gina herself. Thanks for your kind words. It was fun doing all the research. Here is the deleted section on Gina's personal life.

Gina admits to having commitment issues and a hard time finding men who don’t want to wrestle her when they find out she’s a professional fighter. She prefers to keep her personal life private but has dated kickboxers Kevin Ross -- who she remains friendly with, and Kit Cope -- who, after their breakup, gave a derogatory radio interview about her. After being bombarded with public outrage he recanted his comments saying he had meant them as a joke. Admittedly not an outward person, Gina retreats from the spotlight from time to time to do what she calls ‘detox’ -- Alone time to reevaluate and keep her head on straight. She suffers with bouts of insomnia, sometimes unable to sleep for days at a time. Her kryptonite -- extreme heights and large spiders -- She does not care for either. She enjoys working with kids in The Make A Wish Foundation, is a singer, loves music, playing drums and is an avid snowboarder and wakeboarder. Having a need for speed, she has been ticketed for driving over 100 miles per hour and been close to having her driver’s license suspended. Her two pitbulls -- Layla and Gotti are her constant companions and, like every woman in the modern world, she has a crush on actor Johnny Depp.

I thought Gina was pretty cool before, but I am even more impressed with her after reading about all the crap she had to put up with throughout her fighting career. Looking forward to seeing her in action again in "Fast 6".

dingdong

• White Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:00:28 AM »
She suffers with bouts of insomnia, sometimes unable to sleep for days at a time. Her kryptonite -- extreme heights and large spiders -- She does not care for either.

She enjoys working with kids in The Make A Wish Foundation, is a singer, loves music, playing drums and is an avid snowboarder and wakeboarder.

I have been trying to get the people at IMDb to delete the previous 2 bios since the info is now redundant but they seem to take forever when it comes to editing things there.

I did have a whole section on Gina's personal life which was a bear to dig up since she is pretty private, but they deleted the whole thing. I'm assuming they only want to hear about her professional career.

pass4sure pass4sure link       
leatherjackets leatherjackets

Paul

• Green Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »
Extreme heights!...then she did well to film the zip wire shot for In the blood.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:32:04 PM by Paul »
Pages: [1]   Go Up