Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posting up copyrighted videos as an article  (Read 3126 times)

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
Posting up copyrighted videos as an article
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:15:33 AM »
Hey guys,

I want to discuss the posting up of copyrighted materials; particularly videos. As you may have seen, i have recently posted up parts of the American Gladiators Workout dvd as a sendspace link in the forum. Awhile back, PoD also posted up a video (Warrior nation) with a sendpace link to it.

Do you think this site will catch any flack if posted these links as part of an article? I know a majority of people who visit this site don't read the forums, so my goal is to just have it visible to people on the frontpage so we get more repeat visitors. I want visitors to see that we constantly have things updating and not just news but also media as well. I know I posted up that Maxim spread not too long ago that Jen scanned which is copyrighted material that is hosted on the site; So am I safe to assume that a sendspace link on the frontpage would not hurt?

I've seen other fansites post up copyrighted material this way and I think it is legal because the files arent hosted on this site, but I don't want there to be any legal repercussions so I need to make sure if its allowed.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:16:36 AM by mkygod »

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Dynamite comes in small packages. ;)
Re: Posting up copyrighted videos as an article
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:25:23 AM »
I don't think there's any problem with that, and like you said other sites do it and they've been doing it for years with no repercussions. The worst that can happen is that the people responsible for copyright or whatever, will send a message asking for it to be removed. If that happens then you can remove it, but they won't just slap you with a lawsuit without a warning or anything.

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »
Thanks for your input. Yeah thats what i thought too but i just wanted to be sure.

When i hear from Jen, then I'll start posting them up
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:40:11 AM by mkygod »

Jen

• Ya Majeste
  • Administrator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »
It's fine. If there are ever any issues we will just comply with the request but I doubt there ever will be. There would not be any fan sites around if it were a problem.

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:33:13 PM »
I just posted up the Warrior Nation one that PoD uploaded. Gonna put up the workout vid later. Gotta keep those visitors coming back for more ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 02:33:32 PM by mkygod »

p0d135

• Black Belt
  • ^ that read: "http://www.gina-carano.org"
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »
Nice work, Mkygod. Did you get that PM w/ the Pro-Elite DVD extras?

Also, I guess I can put up the ones I rip'd from the Pro-Elite.com site. Its media/archive section have pretty much been down since the company failed, but it weirdly continually gets news updates. Anyway there's a couple vids from there ppl put up on Youtube a long while ago and they're still up, so.

mkygod

• Global Mod Red Belt
  • Brown Belt
  • Gina Carano Fan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 01:40:37 PM »
Yeah i got your message. I'll try to post em up also before the sendspace links expires.

The Proelite ones can be put up later though like in a week. My plan is to spread out the video posts to fill in the gaps between actual news posts. Maybe a weekly thing. I just don't want to bombard the front page with media all at once.

You guys know any place better than sendspace? I believe sendspace has a limit of 300 mb and expires after 30 days of inactivity. Megaupload has a 1gb limit but expires after 21 days of inactivity.

Phoenix

• Angelique
  • Global Mod Red Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Dynamite comes in small packages. ;)
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 02:59:08 PM »
Looks great! Well, I haven't really used this site, so I'm not sure whether it has any expiry, but I doubt it has. Here's the link:

http://www.ziddu.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up