Gina Carano Fan Questions and Answers
Here is the exclusive list of the questions and the responses from the #1 female MMA action moviestar, Gina Carano!
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
1. What’s it like to be the leading role for the film haywire?
It was one of the most blessed experiences of my life.
Location: Rockville, CT
1. How did you train and prepare for this movie and was it different than any of your normal training?
3 hours of stunts a day, 3 hours of bootcamp, and then 2 hours of strength and conditioning
2. What martial art is used in the film?
The ass kicking kind. 😉
Location: Dallas, TX
1. What was your favorite part when filming Haywire?
Waking up everyday and absolutely loving what I was doing. Everyday was a new surprise.
Name: Binh Lam
Location: Orange County, CA
1. There have been many comparisons between Haywire and the Bourne Trilogy. Who would win in a fight between Mallory and Jason Bourne and by what method?
Jason would probably rather recruit her.
Location: Charlotte, NC
1. Gina, your grandparents were adorable at the premiere! Other than obviously being extremely proud, what did they think of Haywire? Was it a little intense for them? 🙂
Sitting next to my Papa and Grandmama on the way to the premier put tears in my eyes, there’s no words to describe sharing a moment like that with them..
2. Gina, is there a specific actor you’d REALLY like to work with in the future? (other than Johnny Depp! HAha!)
Nope, just Johnny.. if we could just make that happen already I could get back to fighting.. haaa Just kidding, no there is a lot of people Id love to work with absolutely.
Hi Gina, First I want to say Congratulations on Haywire! How exciting for you, looks like you are kicking some serious butt!! You rock in the trailer, can’t wait to see it!
1. How do you like being an Actress compared to the other things you do? I love it. I have so much to learn but thats what I like about it.
It’s a lot of work and a lot of fun and I have a lot to learn also, it’s pretty new to me so it’s easy to be passionate about it.
Lots of love & hugs!
Questions: Hi Gina! i am a theater/actor student(but i am also a MMA and American sport fan 😛 ) from sweden and i know you probably get this a lot but i just have to say it,I am a big fan of you and i consider you as one of the most beautiful women in the world! but now on to my question,
1. I think u are a great actress, was it easy for you to play against all these big names i Haywire or was it difficult??
It was beautiful. I never felt so comfortable with a group of guys.
Location: Nottingham. England
1. Will you ever visit England?
2. Will you be making any more action films?
Location: Winona, MS
1. With haywire being an action adventure movie, if u were to continue in movies what other genre would u like to tackle?
A dark romance.
2. What do u think of the score that david holmes provided for the movie and the artwork that niel kellerhouse did for the marketing?
I thought they were perfect for the film. They both represented the movie how it is.. authentic.
3. And this is coming from the comic book fan in me. if u were ever really approached for the role of wonder woman would u wear the traditional costume or the redesign that has pants?
I think if Wonder Woman came to this planet she would be a little out of place, still very dominant and inspiring but it could be more played like a Hancock meets Encino Man, with a female lead. Haa I don’t know if that makes sense to anyone else but that’s the way Id want to see her. Id like to see the vulnerability in her as well as her strengths in a realistic way is what I mean. (redesign outfit for sure)
4. Have u seen any good movies lately?
I laughed so hard in Wanderlust and Im looking forward to Hunger Games..
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
1. What is your all time favorite movie to watch? I am a huge fan of yours and I wanted to know who you are a fan of?
TRUE ROMANCE! and I’m a fan of all different type of humans.
MMA and Fitness Questions
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
1. What motivated you to fight? Were you picked on as a child? In grade school I was, and as I got older I just didn’t want to take anybody’s crap– so I didn’t!! lol Take care, Joe
It just ended up being something I responded to. Funny the things that make us want to get up and live.
1. How many day you train in a week ? and how many hour a day?
That varies.. training for movies, training to be healthy and training for fights are all very different.
1. What’s your favorite work out?
Today… I think Id like to dance.
2. What is the best way to get into the professional fight circuit?
Get in the amateur fight circuit and when your ready, listen to your coaches and.. your ready.
Location: Atlantic Beach, FL
What advice would you give a woman wanting to get into the sport of MMA?
Do it because you want to, not for any other reasons. You’ll get hurt if your hearts not in the right place.
Location: Barrington, RI
1. Hey Gina, you’re amazing! I was wondering how old you were when you began training and what made you decide to head in the direction you did. I’m 24 and wondering if you think it’s too late for me to learn to fight, thanks so much and keep on wrecking it in the ring!!
Start training and see if you like it, then go from there.
Location: Chicago, IL
1. Gina, I’ve met awesome people just from being a fan of yours. In particular, 3 girls who’ve been inspired to Muay Thai because of you. Without any info on how they are & have newly taken to fighting, please give each of them 1 piece of advice, or anything that comes to mind.
Leave everything you are at that moment in the ring or cage.
1. I’m French. Did you already go in France?
I have visited and Ill def be back.
2. MMA is illegal in France. What could you say to our minister of sports to legalize MMA?
MMA brings people together and teaches them respect, not just for themselves and their gyms but for other martial arts, other cultures, and people in general.
You are anyway my idol. Thank you Gina.
I wish you all the best!
Location: Chicoutimi, Québec, Canada
1. Hello Gina. With your role in haywire, you are now a great actress. Personally, I’m a big fan of you since your early career in WMMA. Gina, you expressed your doubts about a possible return in the cage of WMMA. Whatever is your final decision, I will support you fully. But I want to know, if you decide to devote your career in acting, Are you planning a last farewell fight for your loyal fan :).
Anyway, thank you for everything you did Gina !
We will see.. and thank you very much.
Name: Redneck oz
Location: Melbourne, Australia
1. What female fighters impress you the most these days?
Kerry Vera, Ronda Rousey, Holly Holmes, Marloes Coenen.
Location: Montreal, Canada
1. What was your most enjoyable fight
Julie Kedzie… she’s my friend now and has such a great energy about her, no wonder why that fight was so fun.
Location: Lima, OH
1. If you were a superhero, what power would you have?
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
1. What do you use as inspiration when you’re feeling discouraged or uncertain about your yourself?
Music and the knowledge that this too shall pass. It’s not all bad to be discouraged actually, (as bad as it feels at that moment) its your subconscious pushing you to try harder in a way and telling you what it doesn’t want and then you have to tell your subconscious to shut up cause your working on it! haa. One day at a time.
Name: Denjayb (Dennis)
Location: New York, NY
1. What is your favorite Italian dish?
Today… My family’s mushroom raviolis but I’m eating healthy so thank goodness I’m not in Reno.
1. In an interview you mentioned that you thought at one point you’d be playing drums. Do you play or have you played? Is it something that still interests you?
How important is music to you?
Where would we be without music… It gets me through a day. I used to have a drum set, now I have a guitar hero.
Location: Zaragoza, Spain
1. I was born exactly the same day and year as Gina, I would like to know if she is the typical Aries.
I don’t like the word typical, is that something an Aries would say. 😉
Name: Leigha Warner
Location: Olymia WA
1. I would like to know what *we* your dare I say “old school” fans can do to support/help you and this next phase of your career? (congrats by the way it was yours for the taking and you rock for showing up for it I appreciate the inspiration)
You all are doing more than you know. I am aware I have some of the most beautiful hearted, genuine people who follow my career and I hope your lives are full of rich passion and wonderful love in whatever you do.